Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation

Study in the U.S.A.

Education USA Logo

  1. Education USA will give you the answers to many questions, including:

    Who can apply?
    How to find the best colleges for you?
    Information about the America's Best Colleges 2008 from the U.S. News and World Report
    When and where to file applications?
    What kind of tests are the applicants required to take?
    Any English language ability test required?
    Where can I get the materials and support for preparing to take the tests?
    When to apply to universities in the United States?
    ...and many, many more!

  2. How to finance your U.S. education ("Can I afford to study in the USA?")

  3. How a U.S. education can benefit you? Let Slovene students in the U.S. tell you how!
  4. The Information Center of Slovene Human Resources Development and Scholarship Fund - Education USA/Javni sklad Republike Slovenije za razvoj kadrov in štipendije.  The Information Center of Slovene Human Resources Development and Scholarship Fund is a great resource for information on study in the United States.  They offer the following services:
  • Access to a library with books regarding study in the U.S. Materials in the library include catalogs of university programs, study guides for standardized tests, information on financial aid, books on the application process, etc.
  • Workstations with access to internet resources regarding study in the U.S.
  • Trained professionals who can advise or help you find the information you need to study in the U.S.

The center is located at Dunajska 22 Ljubljana.
Contact the center by phone at 01/434 10 80 weekdays between 9:00 and 12:00. On Wednesdays from14:00 to16:00 as well.
Or, send e-mailto
More information can be found on the center’s website.

Tests, Colleges, Universities, Visa


If you want to enter an American college or university, you are required to take certain standardized tests such as TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT, or LSAT.

For information on the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE), please visit:

Bulletins of information with application forms for these tests (except for the LSAT) are available at the advising centers.

Colleges and Universities in the U.S.

To obtain further information on the colleges and universities, you may wish to visit American Universities, Peterson's Educational Center or Accredited Online Colleges.

Visa Information

For further information about visas, please visit our Student Visa page.

Mobile App