Key Business Links
The Business Information Database System (BIDS) gives U.S. businesses up to the minute information about significant foreign government and multilateral development bank procurements. Through an interactive map interface, businesses can find new export opportunities, validated by U.S. government economic and commercial experts overseas. Public and private partners can link to or download BIDS data for matchmaking, analysis, or other purposes.
The Direct Line for American Business program connects U.S. businesses and American Ambassadors and U.S. mission personnel overseas, making you part of our "country team." You will get up to the minute information on markets vital to your business, and learn about new sectors and tenders to help you expand your business.
BusinessUSA is a White House initiative that serves as an electronic clearing house for U.S. Government information and assistance that relates to business.
U.S. Government Resources
- Department of Commerce: Although Department of Commerce is not present in Slovenia, we still provide their products to help business find distributors, partners or representatives for the Slovene market. For more specific information about the services we offer, visit our services.
- Export.gov: Brings together resources from across the U.S. Government to assist American businesses in planning their international sales strategies and succeed in today’s global marketplace. Export.gov also hosts information on the National Export Initiative.
- Export Import Bank of the United States: Insert some descriptive text regarding what type of information can be found on this website.
- National IPR Center: The National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center (IPR Center) stands at the forefront of the U.S. government’s response to global intellectual property (IP) theft.
- Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR): Insert some descriptive text regarding what type of information can be found on this website.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation: Insert some descriptive text regarding what type of information can be found on this website.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA): The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) provides support to U.S. small businesses and small –business owners across the nation through capital (loans), access to federal contracts, and counseling.
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency: Insert some descriptive text regarding what type of information can be found on this website.
- AmChams: AmChams advance the interests of American business overseas. They are voluntary associations of American companies and individuals doing business in a particular country, as well as firms and individuals of that country who operate in the U.S. Currently, 115 AmChams in 102 countries are affiliated with U.S. AmCham. Slovene AmCham chapter, please visit the AmCham Slovenia page.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Slovene Ministry of Foreign Affairs issues business visas.
- JAPTI – Slovene Agency for Promotion of Entrepreneurship and Foreign Investment.
- Slovenian Intellectual Property Office
- Customs Administration
- Ljubljana Stock Exchange
- Statistical Office
- Employment Service of Slovenia-Info Point for Foreigners
- Doing Business in Slovenia – A Practical Guide, CICD
- World Bank - IFC "Doing Business 2013" in Slovenia
- e-Bulletin Go International Slovenia
Slovenia offers three major trade show sites: Ljubljana Fair, Celje Fair, and Pomurje Fair.
For calendar of events for each site, please click on links below:
- Complete calendar of fairs in Ljubljana
- Calendar of events in Celje Fair
- Calendar of events in Pomurje Fair
Procurement and other opportunities
Procurement opportunities are listed on a Public Procurement Portal ("Uradni list RS; E-naročanje").
The tenders are listed by their expiration date and classifies in two main categories, small and large tenders. The portal is in Slovene only.
Report IP Theft
U.S. government's clearinghouse for investigations into counterfeiting and piracy.
Click on the logo to report IP Theft or visit the following website: http://www.iprcenter.gov/referral.